Can. Preserve. Enjoy.
Mrs. Wages® Citric Acid
- Net Weight: 5 oz. (141.8g)
- For home canning tomatoes.
- The USDA recommends the addition of citric acid to each jar of canned tomatoes to reduce potential botulism risk. For more information click here.
- Although tomatoes are generally thought of as high-acid fruits, a few varieties have higher known pH levels making them more susceptible to the spores of Clostridium botulinum. The addition of Mrs. Wages® Citric Acid raises the acidity and lowers the pH.
- To ensure safe acidity, add 1/2 teaspoon of citric acid to every quart of tomatoes (for pints, uses 1/4 teaspoon citric acid). Contents of this package will process approximately 50 quarts of tomatoes.
Ingredients: Citric Acid, less than 2% Silicone Dioxide (Anticaking).