Apricot Jalapeño Jam
- Yields: 8 Pints
11. In a large pot heat the olive oil to almost smoke point, add the jalapeño and blister them in the oil without browning.
22. Add the sugar and melt the sugar into a liquid.
33. Add the apricots, vinegar and water then bring to a simmer.
44. Add the Mrs. Wages® Fruit Pectin Home Jell® and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
55. Remove from heat cool and portion into 16-ounce containers or freezer safe zip loc bags.
Mrs. Wages Safety notes:
For canning safety, always consider your local altitude when calculating accurate processing times. Read this USDA guide for proper food safety and canning processing guidelines or consult the National Center for Home Food Preservation’s Guide 1 Principles of Home Canning. Also, prepare and process home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer’s instructions for sterilized jars. Keep jars hot.
Unless otherwise noted, user-submitted recipes have not been tested by the Mrs. Wages' test kitchen and are not endorsed by the Mrs. Wages® brand or by KPFG. For more information, please read the legal notice.